Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bourbon Balls

This is one of my favorite holiday treats. My grandma used to make these every year around Christmas time, I made them about 2 weeks ago to take to a Christmas party. I've been seeing several favorite holiday recipes lately that I thought I'd share one of mine.

These balls are so easy to make. When I made them last, I doubled the recipe and it was plenty for my needs. If I make them again, I'd for sure double it... maybe triple?


Bourbon Balls
from BlondieSpeaks' Grandma Marye

3 cups ground vanilla wafers (seriously ground... like flour!)
1 cup ground walnuts (again, grind these really fine!)
1 cup powdered sugar
3 tablespoons light corn syrup (Karo?)

Mix above ingredients, then add 1/4 cup bourbon (or rum) and 1/4 cup water. Roll into small balls, then roll in powdered sugar (to coat). Chill at least 3 hours before storing. Let set at least 24 hours before serving.

Makes 4-6 dozen.



I love these around the holidays- they are decadent and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blondie spoke... now you speak.

It's nice taking turns.

Have a great day!