Monday, January 12, 2009

Funniest Product Reviews EVER!

Oh, Lord.

One of the blogs in my Reader is Growing Notes. Today, Megan has almost caused my husband to cause "water damage" his laptop...

She says:

Go read the product reviews on the Playmobil Security Checkpoint toy, on Amazon.


A few excerpts:


"This toy would be a lot more realistic with about 350 people standing in line for an average of an hour. It still makes a nice set with the interrogation room. "


"When we first set it up we tried it with my daughters African American Magic Jewel Ken Doll and Barbie Princess of the Nile Doll but they were pulled out of line before the security checkpoint and taken to a back room for "processing." We haven't seen them since but received a phone call from a buddy at the state department: something about "extraordinary rendition." I hope they make it home it time for the holidays. "


"I hear Playmobil is coming out with a waterboarding torture set. I think I'll wait for that and buy them together to save on shipping. "




My favorite reviews include:

"I was a little disappointed when I first bought this item, because the functionality is limited. My 5 year old son pointed out that the passenger's shoes cannot be removed. Then, we placed a deadly fingernail file underneath the passenger's scarf, and neither the detector doorway nor the security wand picked it up. My son said "that's the worst security ever!". But it turned out to be okay, because when the passenger got on the Playmobil B757 and tried to hijack it, she was mobbed by a couple of other heroic passengers, who only sustained minor injuries in the scuffle, which were treated at the Playmobil Hospital. ..."

and:

"Thank you Playmobil for allowing me to teach my 5-year old the importance of recognizing what a failing bureaucracy in a ever growing fascist state looks like. Sometimes it's a hard lesson for kids to learn because not all pigs carry billy clubs and wear body armor. ..."


So what are you waiting for? You'll laugh, I'm sure of it! (But please try not to spit liquid beverages out at your computer!) Go read the product reviews on the Playmobil Security Checkpoint toy, on Amazon.

3 comments:

  1. ok...i think i can type now....i almost fell off the couch laughing. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I'm going to share that with my coworkers tomorrow. We'll have a lively discussion about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that was frickin' awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Blondie spoke... now you speak.

It's nice taking turns.

Have a great day!