Monday, August 18, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!

Between getting ready for the first day of school (TODAY!) and getting used to being a working girl again, I've been busy and haven't had much time to post. I have been keeping tabs on all of you (thanks, Google Reader!), but I've been quiet.

Let's see... I mailed my DQS4 off ages ago (3 weeks, I think!), but my swap partner hasn't posted anything new to her blog since late July- and I haven't heard any response from her either. I didn't label my quilt, but I did enclose a note telling her who it was from. I sure hope she likes it!



(She said she likes "pink with orange, deep blues with deep purples, and bright orange with bright red"...)

Yes, I've been enjoying my new job as a bartender. I've done restaurant management most recently (no, not using my education at all!), but remembered that I used to think that I needed to be behind the bar again the next time I worked in a restaurant. The bartenders typically make the most money and have the most fun anywhere in the place- I think it's the place to be. I've put in about 40 hours/week for the last couple of weeks, which is a huge adjustment for myself and my family!


(Shamelessly stolen photo of ME- thanks, J!)

I'm hoping to get back into some sort of schedule soon and plan to begin posting regularly again, too- I'm sorry I haven't been here much!

2 comments:

  1. such a cute little quilt. love the fabric on the back! don't work too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My quilt arrived and I LOVE it! It was waiting for me when I arrived home from vacation. What a great surprise :) The colors are fabulous! Thank you so very much! I suppose that means I should finish the one I'm making :P

    ReplyDelete

Blondie spoke... now you speak.

It's nice taking turns.

Have a great day!