Monday, September 15, 2008

Long Hard Weekend


I've been away this weekend. I left early Thursday morning to attend Kappa Kappa Gamma's Leadership Academy, where our 4 days were heavily programmed- I came home totally exhausted. It was a good weekend, but I'm not 18 anymore- I would have liked more scheduled downtime... I felt like I needed a time scheduled to breathe!

About 130 collegians and 100 alumnae participated in the event at the Heartland Conference and Retreat Center. I was worried about being one of the older women there, but there were many alumnae older than me at the event.

Cell reception was minimal at best, so I didn't mobile blog as I'd planned. I had to stand in a particular place in the parking lot just to call home!

I did decide that I would like to become involved again with my chapter. We live about 30 minutes away from where we went to college, so it won't be too much of a drive to visit the house. I'm hoping to become an advisor for the chapter, and have already contacted the women who can help make that happen.



Want to know more about my fraternity? (No- it is NOT a sorority!) Wiki has a great article.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blondie spoke... now you speak.

It's nice taking turns.

Have a great day!