Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Abby Cadabby

I've been calling the bigger stores around here- the 2 major grocery stores, Target, and Sam's Club- NONE of them do Abby Cadabby birthday cakes.

The princess loves Abby Cadabby, and is going to have an Abby Cadabby birthday party.



Any suggestions on ordering a cake? My next step is to call the independent bakeries, but I'm guessing that they are less likely to do this- considering copyright issues and all.

Last year I just ordered cupcakes and made a small cake just for her. I suppose I could do the same thing this year, but I was excited about the ease of just ordering a cake and being done with it. (I mean, it's Sesame Street! I'm completely shocked that I'm even having this problem!)

2 comments:

  1. Hi

    I came across your blog via QuiltDad's.

    I LOVE doing special birthday cakes for my nieces. The last one I did was a "butterfly" cake for a tea party. I made a 2 tier cake and decorated it rather simply with flowers etc. Then I made butterflys out of shrinky dinks and had them "flying" around the cake via bent florist wire.
    I don't know ANYTHING about Abby Cadabby other than what I just read about her on Sesame Street's web site. But if she is a fairy you could make associated items 'floating' around the cake. If you think you might want to try this, email me and I will give you a few more pointers.

    Barbara
    abarb1000 @ yahoo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it all has to do with copyright and licensing. If Sesame Street doesn't license you to make money using their IP, you can get in big trouble making cakes and so forth. Wilton just released an Abby Cadabby cake pan and there are several eBay stores that sell the icing cake toppers. (Not entirely sure how they get away with, but they're there and quite cute.) I have a lot of this stuff up on a website I did on throwing an Abby Cadabby birthday party. You might be able to get the pan, then have someone make the cake for you. (If you're not into doing that star tip 100,000 times!! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blondie spoke... now you speak.

It's nice taking turns.

Have a great day!