Friday, June 27, 2008

Awards, awards!


Wowzas... I have been given 3 awards recently! QuiltDad chose to give me the Arte Y Pico award a couple of weeks ago, and Jay at Bailey's Buddy chose me for the same one tonight!

Also tonight, as a tongue-in-cheek response to all of these blog awards, Kurt bestowed upon me a very special award: the Grand Illustrious Most Excellent Blog in the World Award.

I feel so very appreciated!






















So. The rules for the Arte Y Pico award are:

1) Pick five (5) blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also for contributing to the blogging community, no matter what language.

2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.

3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.

4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico” blog.

Jay tried to give this to blogs that hadn't yet recived it- I apologize, I've just been behind on posting about it! I am also going to avoid giving this to those that I know have received it... though I know that they might just be like me and haven't mentioned it yet. I am choosing seven bloggers for the Arte Y Pico award, because I can't really choose 7.5 (which is a nice compromise between 5 and 10, because I've been given this twice).

1) Lera at the sky is pink is one of my favorite bloggers. She's a creative gal and accomplishes a lot for being a mother of 6. Even hubby has been known to read her blog!

2) AmandaJean at crazy mom quilts is so inspiring! She creates beautiful quilts, and is leading her own online quilt-a-long, all while being a mom to 3 young kids. I wish I knew how she finds the time to do as much as she does.

3) Jen at AmazingTrips is pretty amazing herself. She has triplets (age 3) and a 1-yr-old son. She has just gone back to work (to help pay for preschool!) and seems to be coping with work and home pretty well.

4) Jill and Meg at Bee-Boppin' the Boroughs. These gals are working their way through an NYC guidebook and blogging their experiences for us! Having only spent a short amount of time in NYC, I enjoy their walks through the city. Jill also has a crafty blog, where she recently announced her pregnancy- congratulations!

5) Finny at Finny Knits is a funny gal, and in her words, "not for everyone". When it's growing season, she offers many pictures of her gardens and the food that she creates from her garden (and a farm share)... when it isn't growing season (and sometimes when it is!) she shows off her creative side, complete with an honest rundown of her thoughts of said project.

6) Mary at MaryQuilts- Making Scraps Quilts from Stash does beautiful longarm quilting, and does quite a bit for the HeartStrings Quilt Project. She is getting to know a new city, and posts beautiful pictures of the scenery that she is enjoying.

7) Nanette and her daughters at Freda's Hive are so creative and always have interesting photos to share- from their own projects or those of their friends. Their first post is one of the better first posts I've read- a sweet story that explains the name of their blog.


Thanks to you that I'm nominating for brightening my days.
I have too many several blogs in my reader and it was hard to decide which 7 to choose.

3 comments:

  1. Wow thanks Blondie!! How sweet your comment is about our first post. We are very appreciative and flattered. Thank you so much. I'll have to check out the other blogs on your list that you awarded. They sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I feel honored that you chose me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much - I'm always happy to hear that people enjoy reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Blondie spoke... now you speak.

It's nice taking turns.

Have a great day!